Long Island, New York City and The Tri-State Area
Enforcement Remedies

Enforcement Remedies

Recently I was faced with a situation where my client was granted a substantial counsel fee award from the court. However, the husband refused to pay the amount ordered. According to statute regarding enforcement remedies for this situation, there are several options available to recover the amount due to my client. I determined that there were two beneficial methods my client could use. The first was sequestration, which could be used because there has been a pattern of nonpayment by the husband in the past. The second was a personal property execution, where his property would be seized and sold in order to recover the full amount owed to my client. I am currently in the process of choosing between one of these two enforcement methods that will be the most beneficial to my client. If nonpayment continues, contempt proceedings will follow.

Here at Jonathan E. Kroll & Associates, PLLC we have several experienced divorce attorneys that for years have handled the most intricate and complicated divorce proceedings imaginable. If you are currently having difficulties in your marriage and you have any questions or concerns regarding what your available options are, do not hesitate to call us today for a free consultation.


We Can Help You Navigate This Difficult Situation

Get Started and Learn About Your Options
    • Please enter your first name.
    • Please enter your last name.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.